|Pre-submission mentorship application||
Follow Us on Twitter!Tweets by AACL_SRW
Student Research Workshop Collocated with AACL-IJCNLP 2020
Date: December 7, 2020
*Paper Submission Deadline: September 25, 2020 **
Submissions should be made on the START conference system: https://www.softconf.com/aacl-ijcnlp2020/SRW/
You CAN submit a paper to the main deadline, even if you didn’t participate in the pre-submission mentoring.
Call for Papers
General Rules for Submission
The AACL-IJCNLP 2020 Student Research Workshop (SRW) provides a forum for student researchers who are investigating various areas related to Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing. The workshop provides an excellent opportunity for student participants to present their work and receive valuable feedback from the international research community as well as from selected panelists - experienced researchers, specifically assigned according to the topic of their work, who will prepare in-depth comments and questions in advance of the presentation.
The workshop’s goal is to aid students at multiple stages of their education: including undergraduate, masters, junior and senior PhD students.
We invite papers in two different categories:
- Thesis Proposals: This category is appropriate for advanced students who have decided on a thesis topic and wish to get feedback on their proposal and broader ideas for their continuing work.
- Research Papers : Papers in this category can describe completed work, or work in progress with preliminary results. For these papers, the first author must be a current graduate or undergraduate student. Topics of interest for the SRW are the same as the AACL-IJCNLP 2020 main conference. See the list of topics here.
Benefits of participation
- All accepted papers will be presented in the main conference poster session, giving students an opportunity to interact with and present their work to a large and diverse audience, including top researchers in the field.
- All accepted thesis proposals will be presented during a session at the main conference, giving students an opportunity to receive feedback from assigned mentors and other researchers.
- Submissions (in both categories) may either be archival or non-archival, based on the wishes of the authors. All archival papers will be published in the AACL-IJCNLP 2020 SRW Proceedings. All non-archival papers may be submitted to any venue in the future except another SRW.
- Each participant is also assigned a mentor - an experienced researcher - who can provide valuable advice on the submission during the pre-submission period and mentoring during the conference.
- We are also planning on having an invited speaker who will share his/her perspectives on NLP research.
- Pre-submission mentoring deadline: August 28, 2020
- Pre-submission feedback: September 18, 2020
- Paper submission deadline: September 25, 2020
- Acceptance notifications: October 23, 2020
- Camera-ready deadline: November 6, 2020
- Workshop date: December 7, 2020
All deadlines are calculated at 11:59 pm (UTC-12 hours)